European Grand Prix
18th - 21st August 2022
Schedule / Results
EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX NORTH 2022
Time: 18th - 21st August 2022
Place: Espoo, Finland
Head organizer: Old Power
Old Power is happy and proud to inform you that European Goalball Club Association (EGCA) has nominated us to organize the 1st edition of the European Grand Prix (North region) in the city of Espoo, Finland between 18th - 21st August 2022. We are inviting all the goalball clubs in following countries: Denmark, Estonia, Great Britain, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden to take part in the tournament. We have two separate series in the tournament (more information about registration regulation on next page):
- European Grand Prix for all the goalball clubs from the countries named above (the tournament will happen if there are minimum four participating clubs from minimum two different countries)
- SEGL Youth (U23) for all the goalball clubs from the countries that named above who have minimum three U23 athletes in the club (the tournament will happen if there are minimum three participating clubs from minimum two different countries)
Thursday 18th August 2022: arrival of teams
Friday 19th August 2022: Competition day 1
Saturday 20th August 2022: Competition day 2
Sunday 21st August 2022: Competition day 3, medal ceremony and departure of teams
The tournament will be played at the Sport Hall of Leppävaara in the city of Espoo, Finland. Floor material of the play court is wooden parquet floor. There are a lot of locker rooms, big spectator area, cafeteria and gym at the venue.
Accommodation & meals
Teams and referees will be accommodated at the Scandic Espoo hotel (more information about the hotel on its website ) in double or triple rooms. There is also possibility to get a single room with extra cost. Breakfast and dinner will be served at the hotel. Lunch will be served at the venue.
Entry fee is 230 € / person from Thursday to Sunday and it includes:
- Transportation between the airport and the hotel / venue. Transportation between the hotel and the venue on competition days;
- Accommodation from Thursday to Sunday at the hotel in double or triple rooms;
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) from Thursday dinner to Sunday lunch.
Extra night cost 50 € / person (not include dinner). A single room cost 40 € / person / night.
Please take care that all the members of your team have own valid insurance during the tournament. If some injury happened we will help you to get first-aid and transfer injured person to the hospital.
Clubs have responsibility to provide visas if they are needed. We can send you a personal invitation letter.
You can arrive to Finland from European Union and Schengen countries without any requirements or restrictions by the Finnish border authorities. Because of Corona is still part of our life there may be still some corona rules during the tournament (they will be announced in information package of the tournament).
- Monday 28th March: registration will be open;
- Monday 4th July: registration will be closed;
- Tuesday 5th July: participating clubs will be published by EGCA, entry form and invoice will be sent to the clubs by the organizer;
- Monday 18th July: entry form will be returned and participation fees paid by the clubs;
- Wednesday 3rd August: information package, game schedule and team line-ups will be announced on EGCA website www.eurogoalball.com and sent to the clubs.
Our contact person
Any time if you have some questions don't hesitate to take contact the tournament director Mr. Erkki Miinala by email: email@example.com or by phone: +358442912126.
We love to see you in Finland, you are more than warmly welcome to Espoo!