European Grand Prix
30th June - 3rd July 2022
Schedule / Results
EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX SOUTH 2022
Time: 1st – 3rd July 2022
Place: Athens, Greece
Head organizer: Ionas GC
Ionas GC is happy and proud to inform you that European Goalball Club Association (EGCA) has nominated us to organize the 1st edition of the European Grand Prix (South region) in the city of Athens, Greece between 1st – 3rd July 2022. We are inviting all the goalball clubs in following countries: Albania, Andorra, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey to take part in the tournament. We have two separate series in the tournament (more information about registration regulation on next page):
- European Grand Prix for all the goalball clubs from the countries named above (the tournament will happen if there are minimum four participating clubs from minimum two different countries).
- SEGL Youth (U23) for all the goalball clubs from the countries that named above who have minimum three U23 athletes in the club (the tournament will happen if there are minimum three participating clubs from minimum two different countries).
Thursday 30th June 2022: arrival of teams
Friday 1st July 2022: Competition day 1
Saturday 2nd July 2022: Competition day 2
Sunday 3rd July 2022: Competition day 3, medal ceremony and departure of teams.
The tournament will be played at the Sport Hall of Private School “Platon” in the city of Athens, Greece. Floor material of the play court is wooden parquet floor.
Accommodation & meals
Teams and referees will be accommodated (more information about the hotel will published later ) in double or triple rooms. Breakfast and dinner will be served at the hotel. Lunch will be served at the venue.
Entry fee is 220 € / person from Thursday to Sunday and it includes:
- Transportation between the airport and the hotel / venue. Transportation between the hotel and the venue on competition days;
- Accommodation from Thursday to Sunday at the hotel in double or triple rooms;
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) from Thursday dinner to Sunday lunch.
Extra night cost 50 € / person (not include dinner).
Please take care that all the members of your team have own valid insurance during the tournament. If some injury happened we will help you to get first-aid and transfer injured person to the hospital.
Clubs have responsibility to provide visas if they are needed. We can send you a personal invitation letter.
You can arrive to Greece from European Union and Schengen countries by following the instructions of Greek government at the link below : https://travel.gov.gr/#/ . Because of Corona is still part of our life there may be still some corona rules during the tournament (they will be announced in information package of the tournament).
- Monday 28th March: registration will be open;
- Sunday 29th June: registration will be closed;
- Monday 30th June: participating clubs will be published by EGCA, entry form and invoice will (tehse dates should be May);
- Monday 7th June: entry form will be returned and participation fees paid by the clubs;
- Tuesday 15th June: information package, game schedule and team line-ups will be announced on EGCA website www.eurogoalball.com and sent to the clubs.
Our contact person
Any time if you have some questions don't hesitate to take contact the tournament director Mrs. Christina Zampeta by email: email@example.com or by phone: +306974457828.
We love to see you in Greece , you are more than warmly welcome to Athens!