European Grand Prix
25th - 28th August 2022
Schedule / Results
EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX CENTRAL 2022
Time: 25th - 28th August 2022
Place: Wroclaw, Poland
Head organizer: Wspólnie idziemy po sukces (WIPS)
WIPS is happy and proud to inform you that European Goalball Club Association (EGCA) has nominated us to organize the 1st edition of the European Grand Prix (Central region) in the city of Wroclaw, Poland between 25th - 28th August 2022. We are inviting all the goalball clubs in following countries: Central: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Poland, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Switzerland, Ukraine to take part in the tournament. We have two separate series in the tournament (more information about registration regulation on next page):
- European Grand Prix for all the goalball clubs from the countries named above (the tournament will happen if there are minimum four participating clubs from minimum two different countries)
- SEGL Youth (U23) for all the goalball clubs from the countries that named above who have minimum three U23 athletes in the club (the tournament will happen if there are minimum three participating clubs from minimum two different countries)
Thursday 25th August 2022: arrival of teams
Friday 26th August 2022: Competition day 1
Saturday 27th August 2022: Competition day 2
Sunday 28th August 2022: Competition day 3, medal ceremony and departure of teams
The tournament will be played at sports hall in the center for youth and children with visual disability in the city of Wroclaw, Poland.
Floor material of the play court is smooth surface floor.
There are locker rooms, swimingpool, outside courts, gym at the venue.
Accommodation & meals
Teams and referees will be accommodated at Dormitory in the center for youth and children with visual disability in double or triple rooms. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served at the dining room in the Sport and accommodation compleks.
Entry fee is 180 € / person from Thursday to Sunday and it includes:
- Transportation between the airport and the hotel;
- Accommodation from Thursday to Sunday at the dormitory in double or triple rooms;
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) from Thursday dinner to Sunday lunch.
The nearest airport is Wrocław Airport WRO.
We can individually calculate costs from other airports than Wroclaw airport.
The nearest railway station is Wroclaw Glowny
Extra night cost 50 €
Please take care that all the members of your team have own valid insurance during the tournament. If some injury happened we will help you to get first-aid and transfer injured person to the hospital.
You can arrive to Poland from European Union and Schengen countries without any requirements or restrictions by the Polish border authorities. Because of Corona is still part of our life there may be still some corona rules during the tournament (they will be announced in information package of the tournament).
- 28th March: registration will be open;
- 1st July: registration will be closed;
- 5th July: participating clubs will be published by EGCA, entry form and invoice will be sent to the clubs by the organizer;
- 25th July: entry form will be returned and participation fees paid by the clubs;
- 10th August: information package, game schedule and team line-ups will be announced on EGCA website www.eurogoalball.com and sent to the clubs.
Our contact person
Any time if you have some questions don't hesitate to take contact the tournament coordinator Mr. Kuba Ogonowski by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We love to see you in Poland you are more than warmly welcome to Wroclaw